- conservatorium of music lecturer
- check influences for Noel/Ben/Greg/Gavin/Rebecca
- and course name
- vision four 5's nye gig in sydney 1992 with prodigy. the guys stayed at his place. and there were often parties that he & andrew brown and the other con people were at (from what I remember)
- so check if he was a major influence for the bands
AMO interview - link seems dead
CV for QUT creative industries dept
positions and appointments
Employment to date
1997 Appointed Associate Professor and Head Of Music at Queensland University of
Technology,(QUT), Academy Of The Arts
1994 Promoted to Senior Lecturer at QCM
1991- 94 Lecturer at Conservatorium of Music, Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia.
1974 - 91 Self employed composer, producer, recording engineer and tonmeister
1971-74 AIR studios London, training with George Martin (Beatles producer)- both concurrent with and
- Head of Music, QUT
- Co-director of REV#1 2002Festival (Real, Electric, Virtual musical instruments and
constructions) to take place at Brisbane Powerhouse.
- Member of Australia Council Round table Discussion Group (Brisbane)
- Chair of Performance Panel of Arts Queensland
- Member of Cultural Advisory Board to Arts Minister for Queensland
- Chair of NACTMUS, the peak body for tertiary music institutions in Australia.
- Executive member of the Music Council of Australia (MCA), a peak body representing all
areas of music making in Australia. I represent experimental music and NACTMUS.
- NACTMUS representative for 2000 round table discussion between Australia Research
Council and Australia Council for the Arts.
- Executive member of The Aboriginal Performance Centre, Brisbane (1998-2000)
- Executive member for QMusic (1998) representing Education
- Music Consultant for the new Brisbane Powerhouse Project (1998)
- Consultant for Create Australia's accreditation process for developing National Industry
Training Package (1997-99)
- Music Curriculum Advisor for Deacon University (1997)
- On curriculum advisory board for Queensland Conservatorium of Music (1996)
- On curriculum advisory board for Griffith University Bachelor of Multimedia (1996)
Andy Arthurs CV
- instigated and developed curriculum for the BMus Sonology and BMus Sound Composition
at Queensland Conservatorium of Music (1993)
(more in CV)